Product Stewardship, Recycling & Waste Management
MGM Management assists clients with strategic decision making for key waste management and producer responsibility issues. These include:
- Programs to assist Governments & Business meet responsibilities
- Packaging Audits & Advice on Extended Producer Responsibility Programs in Canada, USA, Europe, Rest-of-World
- Other consumable products issues, such as toxicity, durability, excessive packaging
- Legislation services, keeping appraised of emerging laws
- Working with world-renowned - Environmental Packaging International (RI, USA) and Foresite Systems ( Coventry, UK) we are assisting our clients in their packaging reporting obligations in Canada. This includes reporting on consumer packaging, oil products, tires, batteries, electronics and household hazardous wastes.
Certificate of Approvals - Waste Systems
- Assisting clients obtain Certificates of Approval for systems
Litter Research and Litter Audits
- MGM Mangement has conducted 14 major litter audits
- Our clients include the City of Toronto, City of San Fransico, City of Edmonton, Region of York, Region of Peel, Region of Durham.
- Litter characterization surveys have analysed litter on Alberta highways.
- For more details on litter audits
- Mark McKenney is past Executive Director of Ontario Multi-Material Recycling Inc. - an industry funded not-for-profit organization that won a United Nations Award for assisting in the creation of Ontario's famous Blue Box, curbside recycling program. Mark also was President - Beverage Recovery in Canada, and assisted in creating recycling systems across Canada for beverage manufacturers. He has worked in assisting with recycling programs in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- MGM Management has experience in deposit-return beverage container recycling systems as well as in working with curbside and drop off municipal recycling systems.